Finalists for the 2007 John W. Campbell Memorial Award have been announced. This prestigious award is presented each year to the best science fiction novel of the year. This year’s nominees are:
- Titan by Ben Bova,
- A Small and Remarkable Life by Nick DiChario,
- Infoquake by David Louis Edelman,
- Nova Swing by M. John Harrison,
- Odyssey by Jack McDevitt,
- The Last Witchfinder by James Morrow,
- Living Next Door to the God of Love by Justina Robson,
- Dry by Barbara Sapergia,
- Sun of Suns by Karl Schroeder,
- Glasshouse by Charles Stross,
- Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge,
- Farthing by Jo Walton and
- Blindsight by Peter Watts.
If you’ll bein nearby Kansas City, Mo., between July 6 and 8, you can see the winner collect his or her prize at the Campbell Conference.
The Campbell Award is named in honor of the legendary science fiction editor and the conference will take place in Conjunction with the Heinlein Centennial Convention and the SFRA Conference at the Hyatt Regency Crown Center & Westin Crown Center.
For more information, visit www2.ku.edu/~sfcenter/campbell-conference.htm
Click here to go to Amazon to purchase your copies of these and other science fiction and fantasy novels.