Taking place this weekend, October 9-11, at the Wyndham Orlando Resort in Orlando, FL, Spooky Empire could the must-attend convention of this Halloween season, says Charles F. Rosenay (aka Cryptmaster Chiller Chucky), the Horror Happenings Examiner.
Celebrating its seventh convention, Spooky Empire will feature guests such as
- Shannen Doherty (Charmed),
- Linda Blair (The Exorcist),
- John Landis (Director, Innocent Blood and the forthcoming Zombie Honeymoon 2),
- Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog),
- Tippi Hendren (The Birds),
- Sid Haig (The Devil’s Rejects),
- Bill Moseley (The Devil’s Rejects),
- Herschell G. Lewis (Director, Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat and Grim Fairy Tale, currently in post production),
- Fairuza Balk (The Craft),
- Ricou Browning (The Creature from the Black Lagoon),
- Sara Karloff (daughter of the legendary Boris Karloff)
and others. You can find a complete list here: www.spookyempire.com/guest.
As is traditional for genre conventions there will be a dealers room, as well as live bands, artists, a celebrity poker tournament, freak show film festival, a hearse/car exhibition, creepy costume contest, VIP cocktail party and other events.
So, if you’ll be in the Orlando, Fla., area this weekend, check it out. You can get more information and tickets at www.spookyempire.com.