Disney World’s “Expedition Everest” ride, mentioned on page 6 of the January issue of The Genre Traveler, was unveiled for 1,500 travel trade professionals and media last Friday, April 7. The 3.5 minute ride was a collaborative effort between Walt Disney Imagineering, The Discovery Channel and Conservation International.
For more information, visit www.disneyeverest.com/?CMP=KNC-EverestGoogle&HBX_PK=Expedition+Everest&HBX_OU=50
Sci-Fi Fan Trips
More details for the Sci-Fi Fan Trips at Space Camp, mentioned on page 28 of the April issue of The Genre Traveler, have been released. Activities in the package include:
- Laser Weaponry Training
- X-Prize model Rocket Construction and Launch
- Space Missions in actual NASA-patterned vehicles
- Panel discussions by NASA scientists and science fiction authors
- Star gazing with an astronomer, and
- Alien Costume “Part of the Galaxy” and Award Banquet
The party will include a themed menu, award presentations and karaoke.
For more information, vis www.sci-fi-fantrips.com