The annual FellÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Point Privateer Day is almost upon us. On August 12, the Broadway Square in Fells Point, a neighborhood of Baltimore, will fill up with privateers, pirates, sailors, wenches and more and people gather to celebrate the maritime history of Fells Point, Baltimore’s original deepwater harbor and ship building Mecca.
The event begins and noon and ends at 6pm. Activities and features include:
- Living History Characters dressed in period costumes
- Ships of all sizes from toy models to the real things
- A Town Crier with the actual daily news of the War of 1812
- Sample food from local pubs, taverns, and restaurants
- Walking and guided tours
- Face painting
- Grog Crawl sponsored by Miller Lite
- And more!
Costumes are welcome Ã¢â‚¬â€œ encouraged, in fact Ã¢â‚¬â€œ as long as it reflects Ã¢â‚¬Å“whoever you think you would have been more than 200 years ago.Ã¢â‚¬Â
For more information, visit www.fellspointdevelopment.com/privateerday.html.